Here comes the ROBOT with EYES!!!
The Vision Robotics embedded with Matlab and Robotics can be used in proprietary mapping and navigation technology as well as in indoor and outdoor environments to perform almost any task unimaginable.
Vision Robotics Workshop mainly focuses on the student eager to learn about Robotics using Image Processing Tool .They will get a chance to expand their knowledge in the field of Robot Vision. The benefit of sophisticated vision technology includes savings, improved quality, reliability, and safety.
The duration of this workshop will be two consecutive days with eight hours session each day, in a total of sixteen hours properly divided into theory and hand on practical sessions. At the end of this workshop a competition will be organized among the participating students where each participating student will get Certificate of Participation and the Winners will get Certificate of Merit.
Workshop Level : Intermediate Level
Best Suited for: All B.Tech/B.E./BCA/BSc. Students
Workshop Certification: Mektricals- ‘The Techno Learners’
Workshop Training Kit : **SKU: RM0002
Kits Source :
Day 1 (Session 1)
Introduction to Robotics
Basics of Robot Electronics:
- Basic Electronic Components
- Operational Amplifier
- Interfacing of Sensors
- Motors and Controlling Circuit
- Interfacing of Motors
Introduction to Microcontrollers
This session would deal with the basics of Microcontroller. The focus will be on the AVR series micro controller- ATMega8, which is one of the most powerful and widely used 8 bit micro controller.
- What is Microcontroller?
- Difference between Microcontroller and Microprocessor.
- How can we use Microcontroller in our Own Circuits?
Introduction to Programming Languages
- Microcontroller Programming using ‘Embedded C’.
Day 1 (Session 2)
Introduction to Computer Vision And MATLAB
- Basics of image processing
- Algorithms used for image processing
- Image formats
- Complexity of Algorithms
- Color Space requirements
- Relation between RGB and HSV
Digital Image Processing in MATLAB
- Introducing MATLAB
- Image acquisition Toolbox in MATLAB
- Image Processing Toolbox in MATLAB
- Tools of Image processing in MATLAB
- Programming paradigms in MATLAB
- Image acquisition in MATLAB
- Camera Selection
- Algorithm Designing
Image Acquisition and Processing
- Functions for Image acquisition
- Functions and Keywords for image processing in MATLAB
- Hardware interfacing
Installation of Software and Debugging
- Writing your First ‘Embedded C’ Program in AVR Studio.
- Program Compilation and Debugging.
- Loading Compiled ‘C’ Program into Microcontroller using Robosapiens ‘AVR BOOTFlasher v1.0 Beta’
Day 2 (Session 3)
Image Manipulation in MATLAB
- Image Manipulation
- Threshold adjustment
- Template matching
- Shape Detection
- Object Detection
- Motion Detection
Assembling the DIY kit of Robosapiens iBOT Mini V3.0
Assembling plays a major role that deals with the mechanical section of Robotics including mounting of components and mechanical stability.
Development of Line Following Robot using Robosapiens iBOT Mini V3.0
As the name suggests, Line Follower Robot is well programmed mobile machine that can follow a path visible like Black Line on White Surface or vice versa. A simple fuzzy logic will do the job of maneuvering the robot according to the Line Following Algorithm.
Development of GUI Switch Controlled Robot using Robosapiens iBOT Mini V3.0
GUI Switch Controlled Robot is based on the MATLAB GUI Tool that helps in controlling the robot using the serial port interfacing of PC and the Robot.
Development of Laser Controlled Robot using Robosapiens iBOT Mini V3.0
Laser Controlled Robot is well programmed mobile machine that can be controlled wirelessly according to direction of the laser ray using the most sensible viewing organ of the robot i.e. Camera.
Day 2 (Session 4)
After the hand on theory and practical experience from the workshop, Zonal Round Competition will be conducted for the participants.
On behalf of Robosapiens Technologies Pvt. Ltd. Certificate of Merit will be provided to all Zonal Round Winners and Certificate of Participation will be provided to all the Zonal Round Participants (Excluding Merit Participants).
Project to be Covered
- Line Follower Robot
- GUI Switch Controlled Robot
- Laser Controlled Robot
- Ball Tracker Robot
1x (Robosapiens Atmega8 mini Robotics Development Board V4.0)
- Programming via boot loading through USB Port or 6-Pin ISP (In System Programming) cable.
- Driver Software not required (Plug & Play device).
- Three ports available for user interface: PORTB-8 Pin, PORTC-7 Pin, PORTD-8 Pin
- External Reset Switch
- On board crystal oscillator of 12 MHz frequency.
- On board LCD interface port.
- HXD® BUZZER for audible interaction with the users.
- Dedicated DTMF decoder IC module plug-in slot.
- Two supply inputs: One through battery and Second through Adapter.
- On board 5 volt regulated power supply for the board and external peripherals.
- Two H-Bridge implemented on the board using L293D IC to drive two DC motor with 1A drive current at voltages 4.5 to 36 volt.
1x (ATmega8 with inbuilt Robosapiens Bootloader)
1x (USB Connector cable)
1x (High Quality Plastic Chassis Board)
2x (IR Based Digital Sensors)
1x (Screw driver)
1x (Ball Caster wheel)
4x (Support Studs)
1 Pair wheel 76mm Diameter
1 Pair D.C Plastic gear motors
1x USB to TTL(Rx,Tx) Converter
Other required Tools and accessories etc.